Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Beautiful You Stamp Set

Using the very popular Stampin' Up! Beautiful You stamp set I submitted an entry into the CASEing the Catty Challenge for this week.

I was lucky enough to be selected a joint winner with the card featured on the left. This is a great boost to reaffirm I am doing something I love - and doing it well enough. 

I love cards that have a 3 dimensional part to them so I decided to 3D the skirt on the dress. I used the packaging brown paper that comes in the box with all of our Stampin' Up! deliveries. Lots of clever people have many uses for this paper that we receive in abundance, so this was my very small contribution to recycling it.

This was a very successful card to me so I have made 2 other colour versions - Melon Mambo and Smoky Slate. (The brown coloured card was made using a retired colour called baked Brown Sugar.) To make the coloured paper for the skirts I used white tissue paper and dragged the coloured ink pad across the top of it and dyed the paper. The tissue paper gives a fuller skirt as it is far more delicate than the packaging brown paper.


Next I am going to give a patterned skirt a try - maybe using DSP or I might even try my hand at creating my own patterned tissue paper. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment