Thursday, July 20, 2017

Fairy Celebration

I have borrowed this stamp set from my SU downline, Susan, to make a few cards. I have seen quite a number of gorgeous cards made with this set and as I have 6 nieces thought it might be a useful addition to my ever growing stamp collection. 

It is a set of 8 stamps and features 3 different fairy stamps. On this card I have showcased 2 on the front of the card and the other is hidden away on the inside. Carrying the decorating onto the inside and sometimes even the back of the card is a nice way to tie it all together.


Whilst my water colouring skills need a bit of work I have used my aqua pens to colour these fairies. Colours used are Marina Mist, Real Red, Wisteria Wonder, Smoky Slate, Pear Pizzazz, Always Artichoke, Powder Pink, Blushing Bride, Tangerine Tango, Soft Suede, Chocolate Chip and Basic Black.


The actual card front is stamped onto a piece of Brown Paper and adhered onto a Whisper White card. As demonstrators in Australia all of our SU orders come packed amongst brown paper - so we have heaps of it to use in alternate ways other than scrap paper.


To make the jar I used the Jar of Love stamp set, but I double stamped the tallest jar to make it even longer to fit more of the fairy in. This way I couldn't use the die cuts, but I just fussy cut the jar out. The lid of the jar is made from the Silver Foil Sheets - to replicate a metal lid.


I found this card design originally on Pinterest by Laura Kant and thought it was so cute I had to replicate it. Thanks for sharing Laura.

No comments:

Post a Comment