Monday, July 31, 2017

Message In A Bottle - Can You Case It? Challenge Group


The final challenge from the group Can You Case It? was the following layout. 



My entry is below. I have used the new stamp set Message In A Bottle. I love this versatile stamp set, maybe it is my obsession with unusual and vintage glass bottles and jars or the fact my husband and son are scuba divers.

What better way to display something on a card front than to make it seem like it is contained in a jar?

My card base is the new in colour Lemon Lime Twist. I have used Vellum to make my DSP by using a sponge dauber and dabbing on both Lemon Lime Twist ink and Smoky Slate ink. I love making my own background papers, therefore my cards have a unique feature (also saves on buying lots of DSP that I find too lovely to actually use).

The octopus is inked in Emerald Envy and the little heart is stamped in Real Red ink. I have used a bit of the Fine Tip Glue on the heart and the eyes on the octopus.

The ribbon used is the new Smoky Slate gingham - this is gorgeous and also comes in Night of Navy. 

The circles on the card are cut from both Silver Glimmer paper and Smoky Slate. 


No comments:

Post a Comment