Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Christmas In The Making

I love most things retro and vintage, therefore this brand new Stampin' Up! stamp set Christmas In The Making is set to become a favourite of mine - it was the first item I absolutely had to buy from the new Holiday Catalogue.

We had a demonstrator team night tonight and I volunteered to share a make and take with everyone - I just had to use this set.


The card background is an in-colour Tranquil Tide card stock with a Vellum circle stamped in Melon Mambo ink. To get this design I used the tree leaves from the Sheltering Tree set. The Whisper White circle has been cut using one of the Stitched Framelits dies. 

The embossing has been done with the Softly Falling embossing folder - just turned 90 degrees to give it a different look.

The lady from the Christmas In The Making stamp set is water coloured in Tranquil Tide and Melon Mambo. I have used Wink of Stella on her dress and given some features a 3D effect using the Fine Tip Glue. 

Finishing details include Rhinestones, Silver Wire Thread and a Melon Mambo banner. 

I think she is so cute I am going to be hesitant to give this card away. I hate when that happens as I end up with a stock pile of cards that have no new home. Definitely a habit I need to work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment